Your shopping cart is currently empty.
- 1½ C. cooked rice (we like long grain white, but any will do
- ¾ C. Enjoy Life Beach Bash Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ t. finely minced lemon zest
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ t. sea salt
- 1 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- pinch cumin
- pinch cayenne
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 3 large tomatoes, at least ½ lb each (we prefer heirloom, but any will work
Addtional extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper for drizzling
Combine all of the above except the tomatoes in a bowl and toss until combined.
Add additional salt to taste, if needed.
Slice off the very top of each of the tomatoes, leaving enough to make a lid for the stuffed tomato.
Hollow out 3 tomatoes, leaving a wall about 1/8” – 1/4” thick.
From the removed sections, remove as much of the seeds as possible and finely chop up about half of it, and add it back into the salad.
Discard the seeds, the remaining tomato, and the juice, unless more tomato is desired in the salad.
Stuff the hollowed out tomatoes with the rice salad and top with the tomato “lid.”
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper before serving.May be made several hours in advance.